Since 1970, Elder Care’s mission and vision have been furthered by a dedicated team of compassionate and skilled individuals. As an agency, we prioritize treating each individual client with sensitivity, courtesy, and professionalism. We value honesty and respect above all. Think you would make a great addition to the team? Available positions listed below.
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Applications can be submitted to our main office of Elder Care Services at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 or our Elder Day Stay Location 2400 North Monroe Street Suite 11 Tallahassee, FL 32303, as well as to the email account firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE**
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen and criminal history check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Elder Care Services participates in E-Verify.
ADA, EEO, Drug-Free Workplace
WE ARE HIRING!
Certified Nursing Assistant
For over 51 years, Elder Care Services has been fulfilling our mission to improve the quality of life for seniors and their caregivers in the Big Bend. Elder Care Services currently serves as the Lead Non-Profit Agency for in-home services in Leon and Wakulla Counties, offering a variety of services that include Meals on Wheels, Senior Volunteer Programs, In-Home Services, Senior Outreach Services, and Adult Day Care Services. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our team at our Adult Day Care facility, Elder Day Stay.
Elder Day Stay is a safe, nurturing, home-like environment that recognizes the value of each person. Our adult day care is designed for seniors who require constant supervision due to their physical or cognitive limitations. Elder Day Stay provides caregivers and families the customized assistance they need in an effort to keep their loved one at home rather than face long-term care placement.
As our Certified Nursing Assistant, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of seniors on a daily basis! We will provide an hourly rate within the range of $11-$12 per hour and a full benefits package (see below for details). We are specifically looking for someone who enjoys staying busy, works well with a team, and has a passion for serving the elderly.
If this describes you, please read on!
When applying for a new job, we feel that it's important for you to know about the workplace culture. You can read more about Elder Day Stay on our website.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience working with the elderly, particularly in an adult day care center
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stoop, lift, bend, and move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to use proper body mechanics in assisting clients to transfer
- Experience with food handling preferred
- Must maintain a valid C.N.A. License or equivalent throughout length of employment (C.N.A. license is strongly preferred)
Role and Responsibilities
- Assists in the daily activities of Elder Day Stay as directed
- Leads and/or assists in activity programs
- Assists clients in ambulation, eating, and toilet needs
- Assists in general safety and sanitation of Elder Day Stay
- Assists in the documentation of client attendance, activities, and dietary intake
- Responsible for opening and closing Elder Day Stay
- Takes temperature of meals daily to ensure proper food safety
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Elder Day Stay, the Assistant Director of Elder Day Stay, the Health & Wellness Supervisor, and/or the President & CEO.
As a full-time team member at Elder Care Services, you will benefit from:
- Health insurance paid for at 100% for employees (options to add spouse and dependent children)
- Life insurance paid for at 100% for employees (options to add spouse and dependent children)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- A 5% employer retirement contribution beginning after one year of employment
- Options for dental, vision, and supplemental coverage (short-term disability, cancer, accident, and hospital)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Two weeks of Paid Time Off days per year; accrual rate increases with tenure
- Holiday bonuses
- A 37.5 hour workweek with 7.5 hour days Monday-Friday â€“ no weekends or nights!
- A friendly, inclusive, and helpful team environment
Note: All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen and criminal history check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Elder Care Services participates in E-Verify.
ADA, EEO, Drug-Free Workplace