Since 1970, Elder Care’s mission and vision have been furthered by a dedicated team of compassionate and skilled individuals. As an agency, we prioritize treating each individual client with sensitivity, courtesy, and professionalism. We value honesty and respect above all. Think you would make a great addition to the team? Available positions listed below.
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Applications can be submitted to our main office of Elder Care Services at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 or our Elder Day Stay Location 2400 North Monroe Street Suite 11 Tallahassee, FL 32303, as well as to the email account firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
WE ARE HIRING!
Director of Finance
Role and Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of the administrative staff, working with and supporting the President/CEO and the vision and mission of Elder Care Services,
- Assesses staffing needs for fiscal department and makes recommendations to President/CEO including interviewing, training, evaluating, terminating, and recommending merit increases.
- Prepares, monitors, and reports all agency and program budgets.
- Maintains all financial records in accordance with state and federal regulations, guidelines or policies, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Supervises the timely preparation and submission of payroll, state and federal taxes, and the required fund transfers.
- Ensures maintenance of earnings’ records, direct deposits, payroll deductions, and retirement accruals for all employees.
- Pays invoices and other financial obligations and accesses revenue promptly while maintaining appropriate cash balances.
- Provides the President/CEO and Board of Directors on a routine basis with budgetary information to facilitate long-range fiscal planning.
- Analyzes and recommends to the President/CEO cost effective approaches to reduce agency expenses and/or increase agency effectiveness.
- Works with the Board’s Audit Committee and reports risks or other financial concerns to the President/CEO and Board of Directors.
- Assigns responsibilities and supervises the Accounting Specialist and Assistant Finance Director in all related work.
- Coordinates fiscal related training, policies and procedures, and the required independent and agency audits.
- Monitors accounts receivable balances and assists Directors with collections as needed.
- Prepares Grant reports and budgets as needed.
- Presents financial statements at board meetings.
- Monitors and follows up on all Medicaid unpaid claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or public administration (required) and five years of professional accounting or financial management experience, or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or public administration (preferred) and three years of professional accounting experience in the non-profit or public sector
- Available to work hours beyond the usual workday of 8:00am to 5:00pm when necessary.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift up to 25 pounds
- Full wrist dexterity at a repetitive motion
Applications can be submitted to our main office of Elder Care Services at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 or our Elder Day Stay Location 1600 North Monroe Street Suite 11 Tallahassee, FL 32303. **NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.