Since 1970, Elder Care’s mission and vision have been furthered by a dedicated team of compassionate and skilled individuals. As an agency, we prioritize treating each individual client with sensitivity, courtesy, and professionalism. We value honesty and respect above all. Think you would make a great addition to the team? Available positions listed below.
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Applications can be submitted to our main office of Elder Care Services at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 or our Elder Day Stay Location 2400 North Monroe Street Suite 11 Tallahassee, FL 32303, as well as to the email account email@example.com.
**NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE**
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
WE ARE HIRING!
Full time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of three years of experience in fields of communication and/or development
- Experience in event planning strongly preferred
- Experience with graphic design preferred
- Knowledge of publication, media, and resource development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking experience
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Editing skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely if requested
- Ability to stoop, bend, and lift 25 pounds
- Full wrist dexterity at a repetitive motion
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinates Communications and Public Relations for ECS.
- Creates and edits written and graphic communications and development materials.
- Responsible for public relations activities including outreach events and web updates.
- Responsible for publications such as the annual report, info graphics, design and print tasks, and branding.
- Serves as a media liaison and representative for ECS.
- Develops relationships with community agencies and groups that will enhance agency objectives.
- Provides administrative support and other project and agency- related assistance required by ECS Development and Outreach Directors.
- Accurately tracks development data and processes acknowledgements
- Participates in special events as requested by Development and Outreach Directors.
- Maintains and submits reports and information according to procedures mandated by ECS.
- Develops relationships in the community for future in-kind and cash resources.
- Implements an accurate record-keeping method to document project activities and services.
- Coordinates and/or assists with outreach projects and events including Elder Elf, Big Wheels, and Oktoberfest.
- Adheres to personnel policies and procedures for staff consistent with those of ECS.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department Director and/or the President/CEO.
Nutrition Volunteer Coordinator
Role and Responsibilities
- Actively recruit volunteers to:
- Adopt an open route
- Substitute for regular volunteer
- Process all Volunteer Applications, set up and maintain volunteer file including processing volunteer background check
- Assign volunteers to open routes.
- Provide new volunteer orientation and training.
- Evaluate and address any volunteer issues that may arise during the volunteering process.
- Evaluate and update routes depending on client enrollment and geographical location.
- Coordinate annual volunteer recognition.
- Process volunteer incoming calls and find substitutes for absences.
- Process all new clients and assign to appropriate route.
- Assist volunteers in the distribution of daily meals as they are picked up from the office.
- Prepare “unable to deliver” sheets and ensures volunteer compliance.
- Update client database on a daily basis.
- Submit daily order for meals to kitchen.
- Run monthly reports and assure billing is submitted.
- Assure frozen meal inventory meets need.
- Prepare frozen meals for delivery.
- Work to find coverage of meal route when volunteer calls out.
- Assist with delivery of meal if replacement volunteer is not available to run meal route.
- Set up holiday meals including: pre-holiday scheduling with clients, route sheets, and maps
- Serve as back up when Nutrition Program Coordinator is absent.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Food Services/VP and/or the President/CEO
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- A reliable personal vehicle available and a good driving record, some driving within county limits is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills