Since 1970, Elder Care’s mission and vision have been furthered by a dedicated team of compassionate and skilled individuals. As an agency, we prioritize treating each individual client with sensitivity, courtesy, and professionalism. We value honesty and respect above all. Think you would make a great addition to the team? Available positions listed below.
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Applications can be submitted to our main office of Elder Care Services at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 or our Elder Day Stay Location 2400 North Monroe Street Suite 11 Tallahassee, FL 32303, as well as to the email account firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
WE ARE HIRING!
LPN/RN– Full Time Non-Exempt
Performs medication administration and other health care needs for clients at Elder Care Services Adult Day Care Center.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitor medical needs of Elder Day Stay Clients.
- Perform medication administration/ management and other health care activities as ordered by client’s physician and maintain medical records.
- Supervise, train and instruct all CNAs in medical issues to maintain consistency and quality of medical aspect of the Elder Day Stay program.
- Act as liaison between physician, Elder Day Stay and family to maintain continuity of care and provide support for medical issues.
- Perform client assessments as directed by the Director of Elder Day Stay.
- Conduct wellness and nutrition activities to benefit the participants and assist in planning other daily activities.
- Respond to medical emergencies as needed.
- Assist individual clients in ambulation, eating, and toileting needs.
- Attend staff meetings, staff trainings, and other activities integral to Elder Care Services as required.
- Maintain and complete all required records, reports and other client activities.
- Serve as the acting director when Director and Assistant Director are not present in the building.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Elder Day Stay and/or the President/CEO.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse by the State of Florida
- A reliable personal vehicle available and a good driving record
- Experience working with the elderly, particularly in an adult day care setting (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stoop, lift, bend, and move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to use proper body mechanics in assisting clients to transfer
- Must pass a level II criminal history check and drug screen prior to employment
Accounting Specialist – Full Time Non-Exempt
Role and Responsibilities
- Process and maintain records used for client and kitchen meal customers billing.
- Process payments made against receivables, cash donations and grant revenues into MIP accounting system and monthly review of activity to ensure accurate posting.
- Process monthly Journal Vouchers for recording revenue and in kind donations/activities for agency departments.
- Process, reconcile, file and report on accounts receivable or other assigned areas of responsibility.
- Run A/R aging reports for department staff each month. Process write-offs as approved.
- Maintain fiscal files including deposits, AR billing, JV’s.
- Assist the CFO with the independent audit as requested.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and other account reconciliations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO and/or the President/CEO.
- Successful completion of a Level II criminal history check, NSOPW registry search, and pre-employment drug screening
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma with post high school training or college courses in accounting or business administration. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel; MIP accounting software knowledge preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with Accounts Receivable/Billing/Journal Entries.
- Good organization, documentation, and communication skills; detail oriented.