All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Elder Care Services is seeking a full time Certified Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma required
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Certification or equivalent required
- A reliable source of transportation, duties are performed in client homes across Leon county
- Ability to stoop, lift, bend, and move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to use proper body mechanics in assisting clients.
- Complete 12 hours agency training and/or 12 hours hands-on training with a trained Direct Service Provider
- Preferred: Experience in providing personal care, homemaking and respite care services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide personal hygiene services to clients as directed in their care plan/service sheet; this includes but is not limited to bathing, grooming, and dressing.
- Provide housekeeping services to clients as directed in their care plan/service sheet; this includes but is not limited to changing client’s bed linens, client’s laundry, cleaning client’s bedroom and bathroom.
- Provide respite/companionship services to clients as directed in their care plan/service sheet.
- Assist with meal planning and preparation, eating and diet activities for clients as directed in their care plan/service sheet.
- Perform essential activities directly related to maintaining client health and comfort in conjunction with the care plan.
- Assist with transfer or ambulation needs including wheelchair, walker and cane.
- Provide assistance with paying bills and shopping for clients based on care plan/service sheet (when handling client funds, appropriate agency form must be used).
- Report to case manager or immediate supervisor change in client’s condition and client’s need for assistance in obtaining community resources, i.e. doctor/dentist appointments, transportation, Medicaid, food stamps, etc.
- Promptly report changes in the home situation which might affect the Care Plan or client’s health and welfare to his/her supervisor and/or case manager.
- Participates in required in-service training appropriate to Direct Service Provider responsibilities; record keeping, CPR, etc.
- Complete and submit in a timely fashion all required documentation, time sheets, report as requested.
- Establish a good working relationship with both client and caregiver.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Director and/or the President/CEO.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please submit applications to our office at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304.