All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Applications can be submitted to our main office of Elder Care Services at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 or our Elder Day Stay Location 2400 North Monroe Street Suite 11 Tallahassee, FL 32303
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
WE ARE HIRING!
Job Title: Certified Nursing Assistant or Equivalent
JOB SUMMARY: Provides companionship and/or homemaking services to clients at their place of residence or at Adult Day Care, duties will based on location assignment.
Full Time Non-Exempt
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Nurse Assistant Certification preferred; certificate of further training recommended
- A reliable personal vehicle available and a good driving record
- Experience in personal care, homemaking and respite care services
- Ability to stoop, lift, bend, and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must complete 16 hours agency training and/or 16 hours hands-on training with a trained Direct Service Provider
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides housekeeping services to clients as directed in their care plan/service sheet; this includes but is not limited to changing bed linens, laundry, cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Provides respite/companionship services to clients as directed in their care plan/service sheet
- Assists with meal preparation, eating and diet activities for clients as directed in their care plan/service sheet
- Performs essentials directly related to client’s health and comfort in conjunction with the care plan
- Provides assistance with paying bills and shopping for clients based on care plan/service sheet (when handling client funds, appropriate agency form must be used)
- Reports to case manager or immediate supervisor the client’s need for assistance in obtaining needed community resources, i.e. doctor/dentist appointments, transportation, Medicaid, food stamps, etc.
- Promptly reports changes in the home situation which might affect the Care Plan to his/her supervisor and/or case manager
- Assists in the daily activities of the Elder Day Stay as directed
- Leads and/or assists in activity programs at Elder Day Stay
- Assists in general safety and sanitation of the Elder Day Stay
- Assists in the documentation of client attendance and activities
- Responsible for opening and closing Elder Day Stay
Please submit applications to either location:
Elder Care Services Main Office: 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304 -or- 1660 North Monroe Street Suite 11. Tallahassee, FL 32303
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check.
ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.