Elder Day Stay
Elder Day Stay is a safe, nurturing, home-like environment that recognizes the value of each person. Our adult day care is designed for seniors who require constant supervision due to their physical or cognitive limitations. One of only two adult day care facilities in Tallahassee, Elder Day Stay provides caregivers and families the customized assistance they need in an effort to keep their loved one at home rather than face long-term care placement.
Elder Day Stay provides:
- Socialization with staff, Senior Companion volunteers, fellow Elder Day Stay clients, and community volunteers.
- Intellectual stimulation and orientation activities using current events, music, reminiscing, games and cooking.
- Nutritious lunches and snacks planned by Elder Care Services Registered Dietician.
- Exercise - seated stretching, movement, balance and weight bearing exercises.
- Mobility Assistance as needed with transferring, toileting, along with activities that encourage and maintain independence.
- Medication management by an R.N. or L.P.N.
While a service of Elder Care Services, Elder Day Stay is currently located at a separate facility to best accommodate the needs of our seniors.
If you are interested in touring Elder Day Stay, please contact Lexi de Leon at (850) 222-4208 or visit 1660 Monroe St. #11, 32303. Click here for a map.
“The last couple of days have been a combination of rough and incredibly rich. My mom has moved from very lucid and introspective moments to frightening episodes of confusion almost back to back. I have felt very fortunate that my mom has kept her incredible, feisty personality through all of this period of her life. I feel extremely grateful that her lucid moments have reminded me of the protective "mama bear" mother that I knew for most of my life. She always put her family's needs first and that has surfaced so many times, even as she faces great challenges to her own world.
I don't think that you could possibly know how much pleasure I got seeing how happy Elder Day Stay made her. She was truly herself around all of you and that is the greatest compliment and indication of her deep comfort, joy and security. I can never thank you enough for your generous hearts, your humor, your respect and your kindness. Much love and many, many blessings to you all.”