Elder Care Services, Inc. is seeking a Health and Wellness Supervisor responsible for performing medication administration/management and other health care activities for clients at the Elder Day Stay.
All positions require a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, TB test and criminal history check. ADA, EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse by the State of Florida
- A reliable personal vehicle available and a good driving record
- Experience working with the elderly, particularly in an adult day care setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stoop, lift, bend, and move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to use proper body mechanics in assisting clients to transfer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor medical needs of Elder Day Stay Clients.
- Perform medication administration/ management and other health care activities as ordered by participant’s physician and maintain medical records.
- Supervise, train or instruct all CNAs in medical issues to maintain consistency and quality of medical aspect of Elder Day Stay program.
- Act as liaison between physician, Elder Day Stay and family to maintain continuity of care and provide support for medical issues.
- Perform client assessments as directed by the Health Care Supervisor.
- Conduct Wellness and Nutrition Activities to benefit the participants and assist in planning other daily activities.
- Respond to medical emergencies as needed.
- Assist individual clients in ambulation, eating, and toilet needs.
- Attend staff meetings, staff training, and other activities integral to Elder Care Services as requested.
- Maintain and complete all required records and reports and other activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Adult Day Stay and/or the President/CEO.
Please submit applications to our office at 2518 West Tennessee Street Tallahassee, FL 32304.
*Please no phone calls*